Our lives move in the direction of our strongest thoughts.
5 Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. 6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. Romans 8:5-6 NLT
Your inner dialogue matters
Is your mind dominated by sinful, negative, critical thinking?
Mind controlled by Spirit of God—Consistent with God honoring truth.
Give you two different sets of internal thoughts:
- My God is with me. My life matters. Full of faith—Mind and spirit at peace. Divine energy for the day—Amazing—Excited about future.
- Tired (Coffee), Why did have these kids? Too much to do. Extra day. Tired of job. People make crazy. Life overwhelming. Can’t get ahead.
Your life moves in the direction of your strongest thoughts.
Are you excited about the direction your thoughts are taking you?
A CHANGE OF THINKING
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think… Romans 12:2 NLT
- So much of life isn’t about what happens to you but how you think about what happens to you.
- What you think and believe matters.
- Unhealthy, ungodly, unproductive thoughts keeping you from life God…
- Life moves in the direction of your strongest thoughts.
3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 2 Cor. 10:3-4
We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ 2 Cor 10:5 NLT
What negative thoughts are dominating your thinking?
- Can’t get it done.
- Not a good enough mom
- Always battle
- Never get ahead.
- Struggle weight.
- Not great with people.
- Average student.
- Never enough.
What spiritual truth will demolish your strongholds?
- I have everything I need to do everything God calls me to do.
- Christ in me is more than enough.
- Worry is not my master.
- My faith is in God and God alone.
- Not easily offended—
- My God is with me—never leave me
- Start the day—Confess out loud—Speaking what God says is true.
- 100 potential/suggested starting confessions
Worried all the time: I’m not anxious about anything. I cast my cares on God because he cares for me. I have the peace of God dwelling in my heart and ruling my mind.
Don’t know God’s will: My life belongs to God. Daily I seek him, & daily he directs my steps. I know his voice & he leads me to his perfect will.
Lack confidence: My confidence is in Christ and Christ alone. Because his spirit lives within me—I can do everything he calls me to do.
Inconsistent in time with God: I love the living, indwelling presence of my good God. Praying is as important to me as breathing. God’s Word nourishes my soul. I depend on his presence every moment of every day.