Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
- Be thankful for your past.
- For some of us we have a painful past and we don’t wish it on anyone.
- We all have things that we regret in our past.
- That choice we made, that relationship we got into, that Spring break, the opportunity we missed, the person who passed away that we wish we would have spent more time with.
- Remember, every failed relationship or missed job opportunity has made you a better person.
- Sometimes mistakes are great since they help you become better and improve your life, of course, if you learn from them.
- Don’t dwell too much on your past.
- God, thank you for my mistakes, they made me better
2. Be thankful for the present.
- Be thankful for what you have today.
- Sometimes we are so preoccupied with the business of life, preparation of the holiday’s, the things we must do the rest of the week, we are thankful in the present.
- Home, your parents, your health, friends, money, pets, job.
- God thank you for what I have today!
3. Be thankful for the future.
- Be thankful for the future means that you can’t worry so much about to future.
- Money, health, your relationship, appearance, finding love, keeping love, your family, or death.
- What you fear the most reveals what you value the most.
- Sometimes we are so worried about our future we don’t enjoy today.
- You may, or may not be where you want to be today, but you have to trust that God has a plan for your life.
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 NLT
“My name is Pi Patel. I’ve been in a shipwreck. I am on a lifeboat alone, with a tiger. Please send help.”
“God, I give myself to you I am your vessel, whatever comes I want to know, show me.”
The life of Pi
This thanksgiving be thankful for the past, present, and future.